Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why Excellence from the Heart?

"Excellence from the Heart" has been the theme of my ministry and life for many years. It is more a high standard to which I aim than a destination to which I have arrived. I always thought of it as giving my best from a heart of worship. It is that, but God is teaching me that it is so much more.
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us" II Corinthians 4:7
"Excellence from the Heart" is more than giving our best from a clean heart. It is allowing the power of God to outshine any of our efforts. A quality to the music, to the art, to the life lived that exceeds our own earthen abilities to the point that the true God-source is revealed. For only in that divine power do we find true change.

No comments:

Post a Comment