Monday, June 29, 2009

Water Everywhere and Nor Any Drop To Drink

"Save me , O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I have come into deep waters where the floods overflow me. I am weary with crying; my throat is dry; My eyes fail while I wait for my God." Psalm 69:1-3
How in the midst of water up to your neck could you be thirsty to the point your mouth is parched dry?.... How in the midst of information overload could we not have the Word that brings living water of true life?

Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.

--Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, part II, stanza 9



Just as drinking sea water hastens dehydration and leaves you thirsty; when we drink of the world's wisdom it only leaves us empty. May we quench that God given thirst with the only thing that really satisfies, the living water of Christ. Living Water that is the only source of wisdom, healing and peace.

Excellence from the Heart - Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment