Monday, August 24, 2009

Follow Your Kidneys

"I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel;
My heart (mind, literally kidneys) also instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope....
You will show me the path of life,
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
- Psalm 16: 7-9, 11 (NKJV bold portion added)
How do you get to this point; the point where even in the darkest times, when you can't see with your eyes so your trust the instructions of your deepest soul? We have to step back a few verses to find that answer.
"O my soul, you have said to the Lord, 'You are my Lord'"
- Psalm 16:2
Literally - You have said to Jehovah God - You are my Adonai (Lord, Master, Controller)
It is a soul proclamation of lordship in the daylight that leads to a heart that can be trusted in the night season.

Adonai, be the controller of my life. May I follow Your path and know the joy of Your presence TODAY.

Excellence from the Heart - Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment